Institute of Transport Research
In Europe today, a high level of individual mobility has been reached, and this needs to be maintained. At the same time, involvement in the global economy requires new, even more efficient transport concepts. One of the biggest tasks of the future is to achieve sustainability in transport: We are focused on reducing harmful environmental impacts. With regard to social transformations such as demographic change, however, the social component of mobility is also becoming more and more important.
Researchers of various disciplines are researching the developments and prospects of passenger and commercial transport. Our vision: a modern, fit-for-the future transport system, efficient and sustainable for people and the environment.
The Institute’s research fields:
- Studies of mobility and trip patterns of people in both private households and businesses
- Models depicting and forecasting regional transport demand in passenger and commercial transport
- Assessment of technologies and measures regarding their potential effectiveness
- Acceptance and usage potential of electric mobility in passenger and commercial transport
- Interactions between information and communication technology (ICT) and mobility
- Urban mobility in national and international contexts
The Institute of Transport Research is networked via research cooperation and projects on national and international levels. It works together closely with university teaching and research, for instance ETH Zürich, but also through the teaching of a number of our researchers in higher education institutes and other research centers.
IKON Aerospace Center
Institute of Traffic Research
Give us a call!